Looking for an easy-to-make bread recipe? Look no further than this yummy blueberry cornbread!
Packed with fresh blueberries, this simple recipe for Blueberry Cornbread is a little sweet, a little savory, and downright delicious! Best of all, it’s really easy to make!
Blueberry cornbread is a favorite in our home! Sometimes I bake it as a fun snack for the kids and other times I pair it with a meal. Give this recipe a try and you won’t regret it.
Continue through this post for a video tutorial and printable recipe and ingredient list.
Blueberry Cornbread Ingredients
- Baking Powder
How to Make Blueberry Cornbread
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Prep the blueberries by tossing them in a spoonful of the flour. This will help prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the cornbread.
Next, add the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and mix. Add in the milk, egg, and sugar and mix until combined. Finally, fold in the floured blueberries and pour batter into a greased or buttered baking dish.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean
Delicious blueberry cornbread! Delicious, satisfying, and easy-to-make.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter or lightly grease a 9 inch round cake pan or cast iron skillet.
- Toss blueberries in a spoonful of the flour to keep them from sinking to the base of the cornbread.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the egg, milk, oil, and sugar. Stir just until well combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.